Thursday, April 18, 2013

Breast Milk Jewelry!

I'm was so psyched to hear about this! I first heard of breast milk jewelry four years ago when I was breastfeeding my daughter and I was so intrigued by it as a way to commemorate the special time I had with her that was so fleeting. I searched high and low for someone making the jewelry and no one was yet, so I was not able to preserve the memory in that way.

Now someone is finally offering the jewelry and it's not outrageously expensive! It's a mom who has figured out the process and she guarantees her work. I know some people may find this a really strange concept, but I thought it was awesome (of course, I tend to go for the strange and unique, but if you're researching placenta encapsulation maybe you do too). What a neat way to remember the specialness of breastfeeding and the bond that it created.

http://www.bust.com/breast-milk-jewelry-a-new-craze-for-mothers.html


If you're interested in trying to make it yourself as I kind of am, here's a tutorial from a woman in Australia. It's pretty thorough, but I haven't gotten to try it myself. http://boobshalffull.wordpress.com/2011/12/15/milk-and-casting-resin-tutorial/

No comments:

Post a Comment