Monday, August 12, 2013

Women Fined For Screaming During Childbirth

Did you know that in Zimbabwe women can be fined for screaming during childbirth?! Having recently given birth myself, my first birth in which I actually did need to scream, I find this quite disturbing. I can assure that if a woman screams during childbirth, it is out of the utmost necessity. I screamed as I pushed my baby out, not because of pain, but because I needed every ounce of that strength and passion to get that baby out of my body. There's nothing wrong with screaming if that's what does the trick. And of course, all births are different, I did not scream with wither of my previous births.


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/11/zimbabwe-childbirth-fines-screaming_n_3581648.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl4%7Csec3_lnk1%26pLid%3D343429

No comments:

Post a Comment