Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Scripture Verses for Pregnancy and Birth

I made a compilation of scripture verses for my upcoming birth. While I respect not everyone will be interested in this post due to the topic of this blog, I felt for those who can benefit, I would share.


Scriptures for Birth

They shall not labor in vain,
Nor bring forth children for trouble;
For they shall be the descendants of the blessed of the Lord,
And their offspring with them." ~ Isaiah 65:23


"Shall I bring to the time of birth, and not cause delivery?” says the Lord.
“Shall I who cause delivery shut up the womb?” says your God." ~ Isaiah 66:9


"A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world." ~ John 16:21


"Nevertheless she will be saved in childbearing if they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control." ~ 1 Timothy 2:15

"Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me." ~ Ps 54:4


"So do not fear, for I am with you;
   do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
   I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." ~ Isaiah 41:10


"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power" ~ Eph 6:10

"I waited patiently for the LORD;
   he turned to me and heard my cry." ~ Ps 40:1

Even youths grow tired and weary,
   and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
   will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
   they will run and not grow weary,
   they will walk and not be faint." ~ Isaiah 40:30-31


"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me." ~ 2 Cor 12:9

So let's not get tired of doing what is good.  At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't give up.
~ Galatians 6:9


The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.
~ Psalm 29:11

Hebrews 10:35-36 - “So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! [A baby!] Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that He has promised.” (NLT)

Be still and rest in the Lord; wait for Him and patiently lean yourself upon Him; Psalm 37:7a

Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring. Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord. Psalm 27:14

The strong spirit of a man sustains him in bodily pain or trouble... Proverbs 18:14a

No comments:

Post a Comment